Here's another thing I'll get to be ticking off my bucket list. I've always wanted to make my own pizza crust, but I'd always forget to buy a bag of yeast whenever I'm in town. This time, since we had a lot of ingredients lying around the house, I decided to not make that an excuse. That is how this yeastless pizza crust recipe came to be.
Yeastless Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate one, do the same with the egg and melted butter.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the wet.
- With floured hands, knead the dough on a floured surface until all ingredients are well incorporated. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough until desired thickness is reached.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer the dough to a greased pan/cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly brown.
Here comes the fun part. Adding your desired toppings. I had no restraint whatsoever when putting them. Actually, the melted cheese even stuck to the pan because the pizza was practically overflowing with toppings.
The finished product:
|This didn't last long in my house.|
A few notes:
- The dough was a bit bland, so I recommend adding more salt and any of your favorite spices.
- Though I didn't achieve the taste I was aiming for, I think this could've been overlooked if only we had hot sauce here.
- The brand of Italian seasoning I used was McCormick.
If ever you were able to use this recipe, please let me know how it went. Don't be afraid to modify the recipe to your liking.